Ready to Get Certified?
Mobile SHRM will continue to offer a SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification preparation class in conjunction with MTI Business Solutions one time each year. Register online here for the 2017 session. Please contact Mary White, SHRM-SCP, SPHR at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Classes will meet 12 Monday evenings from 5:30 - 9 pm, January 23 - May 22, 2017 (with breaks for Mardi Gras, Mobile & Baldwin County spring break & prior instructor commitments). Meeting dates listed below.
- Classes will meet at the MTI Business Solutions Training Center (1110 Montlimar Drive, Suite 570) in Mobile.
- The cost for the 2017 class is $945. This includes the 2017 SHRM Learning System (books and online access for 18 months) and the live, instructor-led class.
- The 2017 SHRM Learning System is changing significantly. Previous editions cannot be used. SHRM reports major changes to the Body of Competency & Knowledge and a complete reorganization of the materials for 2017.
- The exam fee is not included in the class. See Exam Windows and Fees for test prices and dates.
- Not sure if you are eligible for the exam? See Eligibility Criteria for details.
- Mary Gormandy White, M.A., SPHR, SHRM-SCP is scheduled to be the instructor for the class.
- Enrollment will be limited to 13 participants on a space-available basis (first-come, first-served). Register here. Payment must be received to reserve seat. The registration deadline is January 9 (unless the class fills earlier).
2017 class meeting dates:
- January 23
- January 30
- February 6
- February 13
- February 20
- March 6
- March 13
- March 20
- April 17
- May 1
- May 8
- May 22
Mobile SHRM does not offer a PHR/SPHR certification prep course.
Earning Recertification Credits
Whether you hold an HRCI (PHR or SPHR) or SHRM (SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP) certification, you'll need to earn 60 recertification credits each year.
The Gulf Coast Human Resource Conference: Is fall the best time for you to get your recertification credit? Don't forget about the Gulf Coast Human Resources Conference held by Mobile SHRM in Mobile every November. It's an affordable way to earn credits in your own backyard while networking with other chapter members.
Find Local Continuing Education Opportunities: Want to know what events are available for credit? The Human Resources Certification Institute and SHRM Certification websites both include a searchable directory of pre-approved programs, including options available in the local area. Search via the following links:
Mobile SHRM Chapter Meetings: Most MSHRM chapter meetings are approved for HRCI and SHRM recertification credit. Information about approvals are added to the website as they become available.
Free Webcasts: HR.com is a great resource for free webcasts that are preapproved for HRCI credits.
SHRM Conferences: SHRM national offers a variety of conferences throughout the year, each of which offers professional development credits (PDS) for SHRM-CP/SCP certification. You can also see a list of events hosted by other chapters and state councils in Alabama and along the Gulf Coast on the Mobile SHRM website.