SUMMARY: Records hours of work, processes time records, compiles payroll statistics, maintains payroll control records, and calculates payrolls by performing the following duties. This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Compile payroll data such as hours worked, sales or piecework, taxes, insurance, and union dues to be withheld, and employee identification number, from time sheets and other records.
- Prepare computer input forms, enter data into computer files, or compute wages and deductions and post to payroll records.
- Review wages computed and correct errors to ensure accuracy of payroll.
- Record changes affecting net wages such as exemptions, insurance coverage, and loan payments for each employee to update master payroll records.
- Prepare General Ledger files and upload to financial system.
- Prepare 401k files and upload to website.
- Communicate with supervisors regarding timekeeping issues.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Preparation of various payroll month end closing entries.
- Preparation of various management reports (i.e. overtime reports, equivalent headcount reports).
- Preparation of various month end payroll related financial reports.
- Preparation of various general ledger reconciliations.
- Assist with team member appreciation events.
- Provide data for various auditors.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and five+ years related payroll processing experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of the following software and / or systems; Windows, Word, Excel, MACOLA. Experience using Ultipro is preferred.
Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Long/Short Term Disability, Cancer, 401k, EAP, Credit Union, Tuition Reimbursement
Location: Mobile, AL
Please visit our website at www.continentalmotors.aero/company/careers to view our job postings and upload your resume.