Goodwill Easterseals is accepting online applications for a Staffing Specialist to recruit, screen, interview and hire candidates for employment with the agency.
- Efficiently and effectively fill open positions in Donated Goods by screening applications, interviewing candidates, conducting reference checks and hiring new employees.
- Performs all appropriate pre-employment screens, coordinates the drug screening, and processes the background check and when applicable conducts MVRs and education checks.
- Maintain all pertinent hiring data and documentation related to the hiring process including creating and updating employee files with contingency letter, drug test agreement and background check authorization.
- Maintain all pertinent applicant and interview data in HRIS. Inputs interview dates, disposition/hiring results for each application, and scans/saves interview questions & criminal history inquiry of applicants into computer.
- Works with Donated Goods location managers to identify employment needs, then submit proper documentation to open positions including confirmation of current job descriptions and authorized job posting request form.
- Attends and/or coordinates community events and/or job fairs that are approved by the HRT Director or VP of HRT in an effort to promote employment with the agency and to identify suitable job candidates. Conduct outreach and positive recruitment activities that have been approved by the HRT Director or VP of HRT via email to increase the agency’s capacity/capability to include minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities in its workforce.
- Ensures compliance with Affirmative Action and other hiring related laws.
- Creates and modifies employment related forms and documents approved by HRT Director and/or VP of HRT.
- Conducts new hire orientation (GES Why) to make sure that all new staff members understand the services provided by the agency, the history of the organization, the benefits associated with working for the agency and their role in contributing to the agency’s mission.
- Represents the agency at community and professional organization meetings including the local SHRM chapter.
See Full Job Description at www.gesgc.org – Join Our Team
Experience and Requirements:
- 1- 2 years experience in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring required.
- Administrative experience in staffing required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field is preferred.
- Strong computer skills required. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe required.
o Full-time position
o Benefits include: ETO, health & dental insurance, 401K, long-term disability, and life insurance.
o Requires travel throughout Mobile area.
Please complete an application online at www.gesgc.org - click on the JOIN OUR TEAM tab
Closing Date for Applications: 2/6/2019
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Human Resources at 251-471-1581.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled